• Note: Entries preceded by dates are from the Department of Transport file for this aircraft.
01-Jan-1952 Allotment of Registration CF-GCW; to DHC, no details of the aircraft.
14-Feb-1952 Test flown by W. Ferderber for Aircraft Inspection Release Certificate.
16-Apr-1952 Application for Registration of an Aircraft; DHC-2 s/n 198, Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON.
23-Apr-1952 DHC advise Department of Transport that the owner of DHC-2 c/n 198 will be Laurentian Air Services Ltd.
24-Apr-1952 Temporary Authority to operate as a Commercial aircraft pending issue of formal Certificate of Registration and Certificate of Airworthiness, valid until 24-Jul-1952.
24-Apr-1952 Entered on Register of Canada (Paper C of R issued 08-May-1952).
• CF-GCW Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON. Delivered 25-Apr-1952.
08-May-1952 Certificate of Registration #10901 issued to Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON.
08-May-1952 Certificate of Airworthiness #3651 issued.
1953 Winter 1953-54 in Labrador, Federal AWB-4820 wheel skis approved.
24-Feb-1967 Flight Permit issued to evaluate radio antenna installation designed and manufactured by the National Research Council, valid until 26-Mar-1967.
Nov-1972 Documents relating to installation of Experimental Radar Scanners (no details, perhaps geophysical survey gear?)
20-Feb-1973 Certificate of Registration issued to Laurentian Air Services, Schefferville, QC (original C of R issued 24-Apr-1952 to Laurentian’ with Ottawa address).
27-Feb-1973 Bill of Sale, Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa,ON., to Lariviere Air Service Ltée., Schefferville, QC.
• CF-GCW Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON. Canx Feb-1973.
28-Feb-1973 Application for Certificate of Registration by Lariviere Air Service Ltée (C of R not on file).
28-Feb-1973 Certificate of Registration issued to Larivière Air Service Ltée., Schefferville, QC.
• CF-GCW Lariviere Air Services Ltd., Schefferville, QC. 28-Feb-1973.
25-Nov-1974 Letters Patent entered changing company name from Lariviere Air Service Ltd., to Airgava Ltd / Airgava Ltée., (Air Gava initially used on company letterhead but later changed to Airgava).
05-Mar-1975 Letter on file. Ramp checked by a Department of Transport inspector and many deficiencies found.
• CF-GCW Air Gava Ltée., Schefferville, QC. Name changed Nov 1974. Canx 30-Apr-1980.
Jun-1975 At this time using Edo 58-4580s and Federal AWB-4820 skis.
12-Sep-1975 Air Transport Committee approves name change application re licences.
26-Jan-1976 Certificate of Registration re-issued in name of Airgava Ltée.
• CF-GCW Airgava Ltée., Schefferville, QC. Regd 26-Jan-1976.
Accident: Lac-a-la-Tortue QC 28-Jan-1976 Damaged and ferried to Schefferville Feb-1976. Repairs completed 13-Jul-1976.
Total Time since new as at 13-Jul-1976 11,294 hours.
Accident: Small lake eight miles south and eight miles east of Indian House Lake, Schefferville, QC. 01-Sep-1978 Lost power after take-off. Crashed 150 feet beyond end of lake. Benoit Guindon (ULC-10157) and passenger uninjured.
05-May-1980 Cancelled by CCAR (not repaired after accident).
• C-FGCW Aero Nord Est Inc., Sept Íles, QC. Regd 10-Mar-1989. Canx 28 Jun-1989.
• C-FGCW Aero Nord Est Inc., Sept Íles, QC. Regd 02-Dec-1992. Canx 07-Jul-1993.
• C-FGCW Deraps Aviation Inc., Natashquan, QC. Regd 07-Jul-1993. Canx 08-Feb-1994.
Note: Reported as with Alexandair circa 1994 perhaps leased from Deraps Aviation.
• C-FGCW Aero Nord Est Inc., Sept Iles, QC. Regd 08-Feb-1994. Canx 07-Jul-1995.
• C-FGCW Air Aventure Cote-Nord, Aguanish, QC. Regd 07-Jul-1995. Canx 29-Nov-1995.
• C-FGCW Aero Nord Est Inc., Sept Íles, QC. Regd 12-May-1998.
• C-FGCW North Atlantic Aviation Inc., Lac à la Tortue, Shawnigan, QC. Regd 05-Oct-2001 Canx 23-Oct-2002.