• 56-410 US Army # 1739. L-20 No. 740. Command A-11. Delivered 12-Nov-1957. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
Note: Originally serialled as shown above but in approx 1965 it would have had had the additional “0” added to conform with US Army & USAF agreement on numbering to represent the service the aircraft operated with.
• 56-0410 Ex Oklahoma Army National Guard.
• 56-0410 Stored at MASDC., Davis Monthan AFB, AZ. 09-Feb-1972 to 03-Feb-1976. PCN (Product Control Number) HS086. As this is a USAF code presumably transferred to the USAF inventory.
• C-GDXY Rogerson’s Enterprises Ltd., Port Loring, ON. Imported and regd 03-Feb-1976. Canx date currently unknown.
Note: Purchased by Rogerson at the Davis Monthan auction sale on 29-Jan-1976 for $22,000US. Purchased on the basis of “no reasonable potential for normal certification”. Total time 5,675.0 hours. Engine 7658.0 hours. Comment at time of auction: good condition.
• C-GDXY Rog Air Ltd., Kapuskasing, ON. Regd 17-Jun-1980. Canx 08-Jun-1990.
Accident: Kapuskasing River, Lat 49.24N, Long 82.28W, 17-May-1987. The float-equipped aircraft took off from the river on a non-revenue test flight for the condition and conformity inspection (CCI) certification. The first circuit was normal, and the aircraft returned for fuel. On the second take-off, the left wing struck low branches overhanging the river about 50 feet above the water. The wing was substantially damaged, and aileron control was lost. The pilot landed the aircraft safely in the nearest lake, 16 miles to the north.
• C-GDXY Okeechobee Air Service, Fraser Bay, ON. Regd 08-Jun-1990 and 03-Feb-1997. Canx 02-Jul-1997.
• C-GDXY Québec Adventure B.L. Inc., Montpellier, QC. Regd 02-Jul-1997. Canx 09-Jun-1998.
• C-GDXY Air Bellevue, St. Felicien, QC. Regd 06-Dec-1998.
• C-GDXY Dean Morin, Ottawa, ON. Regd 13-Nov-2003 and 12-Apr-2007. Canx 04-Mar-2008.
Mods include: Baron STOL Wings, Incidence kit and 20.000-hr. struts, Aeroset floats with hatches, Kenmore ventral and water finlets. Battery to firewall and Jasco. Alternator, dual yoke, Gross weight increase to 5,370 lbs., Sealand baggage compartment, domed cabin door window and first rectangular window and wing strobe lights.
Colour scheme: Overall white with dark blue nose and fuselage cheatline and tailfin accent all with light blue trim. Matching wing tips and floats at Sep-2007.
Total Hours: Quoted as 11,109.6 hours in Jan-2008. For sale at Feb 2008 for $500,000Cdn.
• C-GDXY 6902081 Canada Inc., Gatineau, QC. Regd 04-Mar-2008. Canx 25-Jul-2008.
• C-GDXY 9144-196765 QC Inc., t/a Hydravion Aventure, Trois Rivières, QC. Regd 25-Jul-2008. Canx 05-Nov-2008.
• C-GDXY Bel Air Laurentian Inc., Lac à la Tortue, QC. Regd 13-Feb-2009.