• 51-16478 USAF #1045. L-20A No: 46. Command AF-1. Delivered to Norton AFB, 10-Apr-1952. Built as L-20A. Re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 51-16478 Alabama Army National Guard. C.1971.
• 51-16478 Stored at MASDC., Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. 22-Feb-1972 to 25-Mar-1975. PCN (Product Control Number) HS120.
• N87824 Gavilan Joint Community College, Gilroy, CA. Based at Hollister with Aviation School.
• N87824 Carrington College San Leandro, CA.
• N87824 Michael E. Coutches, Freemont, CA. On CCAR at 02-Mar-1990 & 29-Feb-1992.
• N87824 Frank Borman, Las Cruces, NM. Regd 01-Oct-1992. On USCAR at 01-Oct-1994. Showing as dba ????.
• N87824 Timberland Inc., Sandpoint, ID. Regd 14-Nov-1996 & 16-Nov-1999.
• N231A Timberland Inc., Sandpoint, ID. Re regd 17-Nov-2000.
Note: Baron STOL conversion.
• N231A J. Conrad Inc., Porthill, ID. Regd 19-Apr-2002. Expiry date 30-Jun-2014.
51-16478 was made available to the AMO (Air Material Overseas) unit of the USAF at Downsview on 31-Mar 1952, accepted on 01-Apl & initially delivered to the San Bernardino Air Material Command base at Norton AFB., on 10-Apr-1952. This aircraft was assigned to the Far East Air Force (FEAF), 5th Air Force and shipped to the Kisarazu AFB in Japan on 01-Jul-1952 where it was attached to the 6408th Maintenance Support Group before moving on the 14-Aug-1952 to South Korea and the 10th Liaison Squadron at Yong Dong Po. It remained here until 01-Feb1954 when the unit moved to Osan ni until 01-Nov-1954.
A transfer to the 6171th Air Base Group, still at Osan ni, occurred on 15-Mar-1954 before a re-allocation to the 58th Fighter Bomber Wing on the 15-Mar-1955. A period back in Japan at the Northern Air Material Area Pacific, Showa Aircraft Factory, Tachikawa AFB in Japan, between 02-Feb-1956 and 20-Jul-1956 was followed by a return to the 58th Fighter Bomber Wing until 10-Oct-1957. Remaining at Osan ni it moved to the 6314th Air Base Wing between 10-Oct-1957 and 10-Apr-1959 and then to Seoul AFB., with the 6314th Air Advisory Group, supporting the setting up of the Republic of Korea Air Force until 31-May-1959. After which it moved back to Osan ni and the 6314th Air Base Wing until 20-Jul-1964 when it appears the unit was re designated as the 6314th Support Wing.
A short move to Taegu with the Logistics Command, as the Air Material Command was now called, and the Fairchild Aircraft Corporation maintenance facility who was acting as contractors (OLOGFACSF) occurred between 31-Jul-1963 and 04-Mar-1964 followed by a move back to the 6314th Support Wing.
Struck off charge from the USAF on 06-May-1967. Served with the Alabama Army National Guard circa 1971. At MASDC., Davis Monthan, AZ. 21-Feb 1972 to 25-Mar-1975.