• 51-16544 USAF #1149. L-20A No: 150, Command AF-1. Delivered 18-Aug-1952. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• Left paint shop 25-Jul-1952.
• 51-16544 Stored at MASDC., Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. Departed 26-Oct-1964.
• N765 US Department of the Interior, Anchorage, AK. Regd Apr-1975.
Airworthiness Cert: 15-Jun-1983. Restricted / Other.
• N46DG Ketchikan Air Service Inc., Ketchikan, AK. Regd. Sep-1987 until circa Jun-1989.
• N46DG Aircraft Marketing & Leasing, Fairbanks, AK. On USCAR at 02-Mar-1990 & 29-Feb-1992.
Accident: Kasaan, AK. 20-Jun-1989. Operating with Ketchikan Air Service. Whilst taxiing out on the step in gusty conditions, pilot aborted takeoff, aircraft nosed over with a tailwind gust and finished inverted in water. Pilot and passenger uninjured. Aircraft seriously damaged. SEA89LA124.
• N46DG Daniel L. Klaes, Fairbanks, AK. Regd 26-May-1992.
• N46DG D & D Aviation Inc., Fairbanks, AK. Regd 18-May-1994. Expiry date 31-JuL-2015.
• N46DG Kingfisher Air Inc., Kodiak, AK • Regd 17-Nov-2015.
Note: P/E of aircraft with Bettles Air Service in Sep-2007.
Note: Dec-2011 on US Dept of Interior, National Business Centre list.
Total Time: 16,558 hours at May-2012.
Mods include: As at Nov-2009 Kenmore Aux seaplane fins; domed rear windows & door windows; extended baggage area; fwd battery installation; Jasco alternator; Whelen strobe lights, EDO 4930 floats.
51-16544 was made available on 28-Jul-1952 and accepted on 31-Jul-1952 by the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit), at Downsview, Ontario after which it was delivered to the Tactical Air Command and the 314th Medium Troop Carrier Wing at Stewart AFB, NY between 19 & 20-Aug-1952 and remaining at Stewart was passed to the 5th Liaison Squadron on 08-Sep-1952 where it stayed until 16-Mar-1953. A return to the 314th for a brief period, 02-Mar-1953 to 16-Mar-1953 followed and then its next allocation was to the 7th Liaison Squadron at Donaldson AFB, Greenville, SC until 30-Mar-1953.
It was now assigned to the Air Defence Command with the Central Defence Command at Minneapolis St Paul with the 514th Air Defence staying for a substantial period, for a Beaver that is, until 30-Jun-1956. Maintenance was now called for so it returned to Downsview, Toronto between 08-Aug-1957 and 30-Dec-1955 and then returned to active duty at Minneapolis but now with the 475th Fighter Group. It transferred to two other units at this location. These were the 475th Composite Squadron between 15-Oct-1957 and 23-Dec-1957 and then the 31st Air Defence Headquarters Division until 01-Feb-1958. It now spent some time at Duluth AFB with the 343rd Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Group until 05-Jun-1956, before returning to Minneapolis with the 31st Air Defence Headquarters Division taking its history up to 25-Jun-1956. This rotation occurred again at Duluth between 25-Jun-1958 and 10-Nov-1958 and Minneapolis between 10-Nov-1958 and 13-May-1959.
Emblem of the 343rd Consolidated Maintenance Group
It now stayed at Minneapolis-St Pauls but entered the North American Company facility for maintenance until 25-Aug-1958. A return to active service saw it move to Minot Air Force Base, ND joining the 32nd Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron until transferred across the base to the 32nd Fighter Group on 01-Feb-1960. It remained with this unit until re assigned to the re designated Strategic Air Command 4136th Strategic Wing at Minot on 31-Jul-1962 until 10-Oct-1963.
Emblem of 4136th Strategic Wing