• 54-1674 US Army #1517. L-20 No. 518. Command A-6. Delivered 16-May-1955. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 54-1674 Stored at MASDC., Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. 20-Apr-1972 to 23-Mar-1976. Inventory code HS159.
• C-GRAS Mike Hackman, Edmonton, AB. Regd 23-Mar-1976.
Note: Purchased by Mike Hackman at the Davis Monthan auction sale on 29-Jan-1976 for $28,000US. Purchased on the basis of “no reasonable potential for normal certification”. Total time 9,254.1hrs. Engine 6,432.1 hrs. Comment at time of auction: clean fuselage, no seats, rear data plates, modified cowling, average condition.
• C-GRAS Possibly La Ronge Air Service, La Ronge, SK. Mar-1976.
• C-GRAS Nahanni Air Services Ltd., Norman Wells, NT. Regd Jul-1976. Canx 27-May-1982.
Accident: near Fort Good Hope Airport, NWT, 15-May-1977. The aircraft had just taken off and when power was reduced for the climb, the engine failed. The aircraft was force landed straight ahead into trees. Technical examination of the carburettor revealed that excessive wear on the needle valve assembly caused the needle to hang up allowing excess fuel to flow out the top of the float chamber and the main jet. The impeller support bushing was also found to have been worn excessively allowing the impeller to wear deeply into the case with a corresponding loss of efficiency. The two problems combined caused the engine to lose power due to an excessively rich mixture. Evidence of sand was also found in the float chamber and engine oil. It was determined that this aircraft was part of a large group of dhc-2 aircraft which had been stored for 4 years at Tucson Arizona prior to being sold in 1976. All aircraft from this group which were subsequently examined by the region were found to have fuel and oil systems contaminated by sand. No injuries to the pilot, Stan Edkins and his passenger. The aircraft suffered substantial damage.
• C-GRAS Beaukent Development, Langley, BC. Regd 02-Oct-1984.
• N378BD Kenmore Air Harbor Inc., Kenmore, WA. Regd Mar-1994.
Airworthiness date: 20-Apr-1994.
N378BD CDS Aircraft Inc., Bellevue, Seattle, WA. Regd 13-Jul-1994. “Kawak Ena”.
Note: Attended the 50th Anniversary Celebration at Victoria, BC, 17 to 19-Oct-1997.