Hawker de Havilland Australia. Delivered 20-Apr-1964.
• VH-IDP Aerial Agriculture, Bankstown, NSW. Regd 14-Aug-1964. Canx 31-Aug-1972.
Entries indented and preceded by dates are extracts from Canadian Department of Transport Archives
20-Jul-1972 Allotment of Registration, DHC-2 c/n 1546, Alliance Aviation Ltd., Ottawa, ON.
14-Aug-1972 Application for Certificate of Registration by Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON.
17-Aug-1972 Temporary Certificate of Registration and Flight Permit issued for Certificate of Airworthiness test flights.
24-Aug-1972 Certificate of Airworthiness issued.
06-Sep-1972 Certificate of Registration issued to Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON.
• CF-EGC Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Aylmer, QC. Regd 06-Sep-1972.
16-Sep-1981 Certificate of Transfer of Ownership; John M. Bogie to Calumet Air Services Ltd.
07-Dec-1981 Application for Certificate of Registration by Calumet Air Services Ltd, Fort Coulonge, QC.
22-Jan-1982 Certificate of Registration issued to Calumet Air Services Ltd., Fort Coulonge, QC.
• CF-EGC Calumet Air Services Ltd., Fort Coulonge, QC. Regd 12-Jan-1982. Deleted as exported 24-Jun-1983.
Note: Sold to Calumet in an “as is” condition together with a long-range belly tank, canoe rack, engine tent and other equipment.
20-Jun-1983 Bill of Sale; Service Aerien Calumet Ltee to, William K. Bohman, Anchorage, AK., for $34,437.
22-Jun-1983 Cancelled CCAR.
• N4294K William K. Bohman, Anchorage, AK. Regd Jun-1983.
• N4294K Big Reds, Ca. 1984 until canx 05-May-1987.
Airworthiness date: 26-Jul-1983. Category – Normal.
• N4294K Chitina Air Service, Chitina, AK. Circa Jan-1991.
Accident: Two Moon Bay. AK. 18-Jan-1991. Pilot started a turn to the right, lost control, stalled and crashed into the side of the mountain. Pilot and one passenger received serious injuries and two passengers sustained minor injuries. Substantial damage to aircraft. NTSB report ANC91LA021.
• N4294K Steve C Ranney. Regd 19-Jul-1991.
• N723DR Steve C Ranney / Chitina Air Service, Eyak Lake / Cordova, AK. Re-regd 19-Jul-1991. Canx 20-Mar-2006.
• N723DR Dorothy G. Ranney, Cordova, AK. Regd 20-Mar-2006. Canx 30-Jan-2009.
• N723DR Copper Valley Air Services LLC., Glennallen, AK. Regd 02-Feb-2009.
Accident: 40 mls south of Northway, AK. 03-Aug-2011. The aircraft took off from Gulkana Airport, Glennallen under contract to the U.S. National Parks Service. The purpose of the flight was to transport NPS employees to a remote site to take water samples and do a site survey. The pilot stated that during the landing, as the airplane was coming to a stop, he noticed a problem with the tailwheel. After he unloaded the passengers, he realized that the tailwheel casting had broken, and the tailwheel spindle and fork had separated from the airframe. He inspected the landing area, and noticed that he had hit a small, 4-inch, bank of dirt in the grass that was undetectable from the cockpit. A post accident examination of the airplane by a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) inspector discovered substantial damage the aft fuselage bulkhead. NTSB report ANC11TA079.