• 56-0388 US Army # 1695 L-20 No. 696 Command A-11. Delivered 21-Jun-1957. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
Note: Aircraft seen at Gatwick, UK., on 12-May 1960 with unusual shortened serial 6388.
• 303 United Nations Air Wing No. 3 Squadron, Belgian Congo. Canx 23-Aug-1960.
• 403 United Nations Air Wing No. 3 Squadron, Belgian Congo. w.f.u. Feb 1962. Canx 01-Apr-1962.
• 56-0388 Returned to US Army Apr-1962.
• 56-0388 For sale at Coleman Barracks, Mannheim-Sandhofen, Germany. Seen 28-Aug-1972.
• N93438 Joseph V. Masin, Rodenkirchen, Germany. Dates unknown.
N11GA Gary Archer, Anchorage, AK. Regd Jun-1974.
Airworthiness Date: 13-Jun-1975.
N11GA Michael T. Archer / Bush Pilots Air Service Inc., Anchorage, AK. Circa Jun-1989.
Accident: Anchorage. AK. 12-Jun-1989. When operating for Bush Pilots Air Service LLC., after touching down on lake at Lake Hood SPB ., the aircraft veered left and struck the bank of the lake and came to rest on top of bank about 7 ft. from the water. NTSB report ANC89FA091.
Screen Capture: YouTube © 1989
Note: Total hours at Jun-1989 7,715 hours.
Note: Circa 1990 the aircraft featured an oblong window and unusually a porthole window aft of it. See photo removed. See photo above. The porthole window was not evident by 2006.
• N11GA Terry R. Willis, Ward Cove, AK, REgd 06-Dec-1991. On USCAR at 29-Feb-1992 & 01-Oct-1994.
• N11GA Bonnie T. Crown, Anchorage, AK. Regd 03-Dec-1997. Canx 07-Jul-2003.
• N11GA Ultimate Air LLC., Anchorage, AK. Operated by Alaska Anglers Inc., Anchorage. AK. Regd 18-Jul-2003. Canx 08-Sep-2006.
Accident: King Salmon area. AK 15-Aug-2003. The certificated commercial pilot was landing a float-equipped airplane on a small lake, and due to terrain clearance, a downwind approach was required. The pilot estimated the wind to be about 5 to 7 knots. Just after landing, he determined that he would not be able to stop the airplane before reaching the shoreline, so he applied full left rudder in an attempt to avoid the collision with the shore. During the turn, as the airplane came off of the step, the airplane's right float struck the shore. The airplane sustained structural damage to the right wing, and right wing lift strut. The pilot reported that there were no pre-accident mechanical anomalies with the airplane. Pilot and four passengers uninjured. NTSB report ANC03LA099.
• N11GA Louis R. Gold, Operated by Rick Gold as Marina Air Inc., Fairbanks, AK, Regd. 12-Sep-2006.
Note: Dec-2011. On U.S. Dept of Interior Business Centre listing with a Flight rate of $700.00 per hour. -
For sale: $375,000USD. Total time 12,000 hrs.
Mods include. Kenmore increase gross weight to 5,370lbs kit. Battery forward, extended baggage area, long range fuel tanks, passenger bubble windows, enlarged rear cabin windows, overhead skylights.
• N11GA Heather J. Fox, Bettles, AK • Regd 13-Oct-2016.