Entries preceded by dates are extracts from Department of Transport archives.
11-Jun-1948 Application for registration by Saskatchewan Government Airways.
24-Jun-1948 Test flown for Aeroplane Inspection Release Certificate by R. Bannock.
25-Jun-1948 DHC advise Department of Transport that Beaver msn 11 CF-SAU is owned by Saskatchewan Government Airways, Prince Albert, SK.
26-Jun-1948 Certificate of Airworthiness #2825 issued.
26-Jun-1948 Certificate of Registration #7243 issued to Saskatchewan Government Airways.
• CF-SAU Saskatchewan Government Airways, Prince Albert, SK. Regd 26-Jun-1948. Delivered 28 Jun-1948 Canx Sep-1960.
30-Aug-1965 Application for registration by North Canada Air Ltd., Prince Albert, SK.
03-Sep-1965 Certificate of Registration #35101 issued to North Canada Air Ltd.
• CF-SAU Norcanair / North Canada Air Ltd., Prince Albert, SK. Regd 03-Sep-1965.
• CF-SAU Reported as operating for Ilford Airways, Ilford, MB., at time of accident noted below, but no note on Department of Transport archive.
Accident: Cyril Lake, SK 20 miles East of Ilford, MB 56°00’N 97°05’W 11-Feb-1966. The pilot exceeded his experience and ability in attempting a take off at night in marginal conditions and crashed on takeoff from Cyril Lake, 20 miles east of its destination at Ilford, MB. Inadequate pre-flight preparation had caused a precautionary landing due to lack of fuel. On a restart the aircraft stalled shortly after takeoff. The aircraft had become airborne and flew for a short distance before turning steeply to port at a very low altitude. It continued in a very tight steep turn and started to climb steeply. It then nosed down, made half a spiral turn and crashed to the ice. Alexander Lazaruk and two passengers killed.
Total time since new as recorded in Department of Transport archives.
17-May-1949 552 hours.
26-May-1950 1,179 hours.
17-May-1951 1,912 hours.
28-May-1952 2,528 hours.
13-May-1953 3,277 hours.
10-May-1954 4,121 hours.
03-Apr-1957 6,370 hours.
13-May-1958 6,859 hours.
03-Jun-1959 7,431 hours.
06-May-1960 7,915 hours.
09-May-1961 8,803 hours.
01-May-1962 9,476 hours.
29-Apr-1963 9,966 hours.
22-Apr-1964 10,313 hours.
11-May-1965 11,041 hours.
• CF-SAU Canx by Transport Canada 20-Jan-1969.
• CF-SAU Not shown on CCAR between 1969 and 1979.
• CF-SAU Michael Medve, Saskatoon, SK. Re regd 09-May-2003.
• CF-SAU Viking Air Sidney, BC. Regd 23-Jul-2004.