52-6072 • N1059 • C-GQXI • N378V
• 52-6072 USAF #1228 L-20 No: 229 Command AF-3. Delivered 12-Dec-1952. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• N1059 Details unknown. Canx 14-Jan-1977.
• C-GQXI Imported to Canada 1977.
• C-GQXI Air-Dale Flying Services Ltd., Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Based Hawk Lake, ON. Regd 1977. 19-Dec-1985 and 18-Apr-1988. Canx 02-May-1988. Regd 14-Jan-1994. Canx 08-May-2000. Regd 28-Jul-2003. Canx 31-Mar-2011. Regd 27-Apr-2011. Canx 26-Nov-2012.
Note: Total time at Sep-2003 12,699.6 hours.
• C-GQXI 8205299 Canada Inc., Blind River, ON. Based at Elliot Lake, ON. Regd 14-Mar-2013. Canx 10-Jul 2014.
• N378V Ronald E. Warren, Kailua Kona, HI. Regd 15-Jul-2014. Canx 22-Mar-2018.
Sale did not go through I think? Noted sitting at Sault Ste Marie - CYAM 05-May-2018.
• C-**** Imported back to Canada 24-Aug-2022. No details yet.
52-6072 was made available on 26-Nov-1952 and accepted on 04-Dec-1952 by the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit), at Downsview, ON., after which it was assigned to the Air Defence Command and delivered to the 27th Air Division at Norton AFB., CA., on 12-Dec-1952 remaining until 19-Apr-1955. After a brief return to Downsview for attention between 19-Apr-1955 and 01-Jun-1955 it returned to its unit at Norton until 15-Jul-1957.
Its next allocation was to Oxnard AFB., Nr Camarillo, CA., where it was attached to the 414th Fighter Group and also the 414th Consolidated Maintenance Squadron until 22-Mar-1960 with a short Maintenance trip to Minneapolis – St Paul, MN., between 15-Apr-1959 and 25-Jun-1959.
Emblem of 414th Fighter Group (Defence).
After Oxnard, CA., it moved to McChord AFB., WA., where it joined the 325th Maintenance Support Group from 22-Mar-1960 and then the 325th Fighter Wing (Defence) from 17-Aug-1960 until 21-Nov-1962. It was then assigned to the Logistics Command and the aircraft was reported as being sent to the Fairchild Aircraft Company Facility at St Augustine in Northern Florida on 21-Nov-1962 although this might be in error as most Beavers went to Hagerstown in Maryland as indeed did this one as it is shown as being there from 21-Feb-1963.
It is therefore slightly ironic that its next active assignment was with the Strategic Air Command with the 92nd Strategic Aerospace Wing at Fairchild AFB., WA., which it joined on 21-Feb-1963. The aircraft's further USAF history is to be researched.