• 52-6124 USAF #1286 L-20 No: 287 Command AF-3. Delivered 16-Jun-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6124 Struck off charge from USAF inventory on 03-Jun-1967 possibly after a crash
• N9971Z H. J. Hansen Ltd. Regd May-1972. Re registered Jun-1972.
• N9971Z Alaska South Coast Airlines, AK. Believed Bettles, AK. Circa 1976.
• N9971Z Frontier Flying Services Inc., Fairbanks, AK. Circa 1978.
Accident: Near Anaktuvak Pass, Alaska. 22 Jul 1978. Float equipped aircraft stalled whilst circling to land when pilot’s attention directed from proper operation of aircraft. Aircraft substantially damaged; pilot and five passengers uninjured, one seriously injured. ANC78FA058
• N9971Z Kenmore Air Harbor Inc., Kenmore, WA. Regd 05-Sep-1979. On USCAR at 03-Mar-1990 & 29-Feb-1992.
• N971MM Kenmore Air Harbor Inc., Kenmore, WA. Regd May-1993. On USCAR at 01-Oct-1994.
• N971MM Bristol Bay Lodge Inc., Dillingham, AK. Regd date unknown.
• N971MM Ronald R. McMillan, Anchorage, AK. Regd 19-Jul-1993. Canx 06-Jul-2004.
• N971MM Bristol Bay Lodge Inc., Wexford, PA, Based Dillingham, AK. Regd 08-Jul-2004. Canx 09-Nov-2007.
Airworthiness Date: 30-Mar-2005. Standard – Restricted / Other
• N971MM LDC Bristol Bay Lodge LLC., King of Prussia, PA. Based Dillingham, AK. Regd 13-Nov-2007. Canx 30-Dec-2011.
• N971MM Bristol Bay Aircraft LLC., c/o Lehman Bros, Holdings, Inc., New York. Regd 04-Jan-2012.
• N971MM D & B Aircraft Leasing LLC., Anchorage, AK. Regd 04-Dec-2013.
52-6124 was made available to the AMO (Air Material Overseas) unit of the USAF at Downsview, ON., 22-May-1953 and accepted on 03-Jun-1953 initially being delivered to the Tactical Air Command and the 7th Liaison Squadron at Greenville / Donaldson AFB., SC., on 16-Jun-1953, but it only remained for ten days before moving to the Military Air Transport Command at Andrews AFB., MD., and the 1401st Air Base Wing. In January 1954 it returned to Donaldson and the 7th Liaison Squadron. It remained with this unit until 22-May-1954 when it moved across to the 63rd Troop Carrier Group remaining until 06-Sep-1955.
After a short period of maintenance at Birmingham, AL., the aircraft returned to the 63rd Troop Carrier wing where it stayed until 19-Dec-1956. A short stay with the 2750th Air Base Wing at Wright Patterson, OH., up to 14-Jan-1957 followed.
A change of scenery now saw the aircraft moving to Alaska and to the Alaska Air Command at Elmendorf AFB initially with the 5039th Air Base Wing and then with the 5040th Operations Squadron, the 5040th Consolidated Maintenance Group, the 5040th Operations flight, the 5006th Air Transport Squadron and then the again the 5040th Consolidated Maintenance Group on 01-Apr-1961. The remaining Air Force history of this aircraft is yet to be researched however it was reportedly struck off charge from USAF inventory on 03-Jun-1967 possibly after a crash.