• 52-6107 USAF #1269 L-20 No: 270 Command AF-3. Delivered 15-Apr-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6107 Stored at MASDC Davis Monthan, AZ. Arrived 31-Aug-1971. Struck off charge on 01-Feb-1972. PCN (Product Control Number) possibly HS053. "Bug Smasher".
Note: The code on the aircraft’s record card shows it passed to a school / college but the detail currently not available.
• N76SU Detail unknown but sale reported to address in Cordova, AK., on USCAR at 29-Sep-1979.
• N76SU Charles Sassara, Anchorage, AK. Regd Jan-1980.
• N76SU Iliamna Air Taxi Inc., Iliamna, AK. Regd 02-Apr-1987. Canx 23-Mar-2007
Airworthiness Cert: 25-Jul-1990. Classification – Restricted. Category – Other.
• N76SU John Swinko, Anchorage, AK. Regd 21-May-2007. Canx 19-Mar-2010.
• N76SU John Swinko Trustee, Anchorage, AK. Regd 16-Jun-2010. Expiry date 31-Aug-2014.
• N76SU Ka Sim Swinko & John Swinko, Anchorage, AK. Regd 14-Jan-2013.
• N76SU Barton M. Tiernan, Anchorage, AK. Regd 27-Aug-2015.
52-6107 was made available on 22-Feb-1953 to the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit) unit of the USAF at Downsview, ON., and accepted on 18-Mar-1953. It was assigned to the Tactical Air Force on 24-Mar-1953 and delivered to Alexandria AFB., LA., joining the 6th Liaison Squadron & moved on to the 366th Fighter Bomber Wing on 18-Jan-1954.
It was next assigned to the Air Research & Development Command where it was attached to the 6515th Maintenance Group at Edwards AFB., CA., on 18-Oct-1954 and where it remained until 01-Feb-1960.
There followed another re assignment, this time to the Air Defence Command. It was attached to the 784th Aircraft Control & Warning Squadron at Snow Mountain Air Force Station, KY., which was re designated as the 784th Radar Squadron in the second half of 1962. On the 26-Apr-1963 it moved to the 4627th Support Squadron at Custer Air Force Station, MI., and then to the 87th Fighter Interceptor Squadron on 12-Oct-1963 at Lockbourne AFB., OH., later re named Rickenbacker.
Emblem of the 784th AC & W Sqd
Its subsequent USAF history is to be researched but we are aware that it was attached to the 58th Tactical Fighter Wing at Luke AFB., AZ., before passing to the MASDC., at Davis Monthan AFB., AZ., on 01-Feb-1972 when it was struck off charge and passed on to the civil register.