• Date of manufacture 28-Jun-1961.
• Delivered 06-Jul-1961 to Hawarden, Chester via Liverpool Docks.
• de Havilland Aircraft, Hatfield. First flight, 27-Sep-1961.
• XP818 Delivered to Army Air Corps (AAC). 20-Oct-1961.
To 2MU RAF Sealand, North Wales, 23-Oct-1961 for shipment Africa.
11 Flight, 656 Light Aircraft Squadron.
Arrived at RAF Eastleigh, Nairobi, Kenya 08-Dec-1961.
Taken on charge by 8 Independent Reconnaisance Flight at Wilson Field, Nairobi 11-Apr-1962.
Posted to 15 Flight Falaise Airfield, Aden 10-Mar-1964.
30 Flight RCT,Kluang, Malaysia, 08-Apr-1964 and unit moved to Seletar. 16-Jul-1964.
To Borneo 08-Dec-1964.
Unit retitled 130 Flight RCT. Singapore, 15-Jul-1965.
One of six Beavers arriving at Hurn, Bournemouth, UK on 17-Oct 1970 after flying overland from Changi, Singapore having left on 29-Sep-1970. Pilot Major D. L. Stephens, Royal Hampshire Regt and Staff Sergeant J. Sparrow REME.
To 70 Aircraft Workshop REME. 20-Oct-1970.
To 27 MU Shawbury, Shropshire, 30-Oct-1970.
To 19 MU.
To 5 MU Kemble, Gloucestershire, 1980.
To 27 MU Shawbury, Shropshire 27-Jan-1983.
Declared surplus by Flt 6 Air 29-Apr-1987.
• N1215 Wipaire Inc., Inver Grove Heights, MN. Regd 04-Jun-1987.
Airworthiness date: 28-Sep-1988. Category – Normal.
Accident: Location currently unknown. 16-Apr-1989. Floatplane lost elevator control on takeoff. Aborted safely. Left aileron bellcrank bolt fell out. Not safe tied.
• N1215 George Cordingly, Tahoma, CA. On USCAR at-03-Feb-1990.
Accident: Trinity Center, CA. 17-Jun-1989. Lost engine total power at 100 ft. on take off. Pilot forced landed on a riverbed and on rollout collided with a boulder and nosed over. Substantial damage to aircraft. Pilot and three passengers uninjured. NTSB report LAX89LA218.
Total time: 4,073hrs at Jun-1989.
• N1215 Joseph R Krajcirik, Anchorage, AK. 07-Mar-1990.
Note: AB-PIC image showing aircraft in Alaska Air Service markings 20-Jun-1994.
• N1215 Wenatchee Productions Inc., Wenatchee, WA. Regd Aug-1995. On USCAR at Dec-1995.
Note: Wearing LAS–Air Service (i.e the Alaska as above with “A” “K” & “A” painted out) logos on floats, Circa Sep-1995 coded 15. Possibly for use in a film?
• N1215 Ronald J Wagner, Eden Prairie, MN. Regd 11-Jun-1996. Canx 14-Nov-2005
Accident: Flying Cloud Airport, Eden Prairie, MN 16-Oct-2000: Aircraft is equipped with amphihous floats. Pilot forgot to put landing gear down, landed gear-up on runway 27R.
Note: Refurbished in 2003 by Wipaire with custom paint scheme and executive interior with Cessna seats.
Mods include: Wipline 6100 amphib floats; 5,600lb gross weight increase; Baron STOL and wing angle change; wing tip tanks; seaplane finlets; forward battery STC kit; Wipaire cabin extension with cargo door; Skylight windows;
• N1215 David Millerbernd, dba., Dave Millerbernd Sales, Winsted, MN. Pending 15-Dec 2005. Regd 18-Jan-2006. Expiry date 30-Apr-2016.
For Sale; Oct-2011. $649.000US.
Total time: Shown as 4,882hrs at Oct 2011.
• N1215 Hands of Rescue Foundation, Wilmington, DE. Regd 04-Sep-2014.
• P2-HOR The Hands of Rescue Foundation. To be based in Papua New Guinea.