• 52-6113 USAF #1275. L-20 No: 276. Command AF-3. Delivered 22-Apr-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6113 Operated at Nellis AFB., 4347th Combat Crew Training Wing McConnell AFB., KS.
• 52-6113 Stored at MASDC Davis Monthan AFB., AZ between 27-Oct-1960 and 25-May-1961.
• 52-6113 Returned to service with 3750th Maintenance Support Group, Sheppard AFB., TX.
• 52-6113 Struck off Charge from USAF inventory on 15-Mar-1965.
• N4755T State of Maine Forestry Department, Augusta, ME. Canx Apr-1990. On USCAR at 02-Mar-1990.
• 164525 US Naval Test Pilots School, Naval Air Station, Patuxent River, MD (coded 30).
Note. Used by NTPS as tug for X-26A glider.
52-6113 was made available on 15-Apr-1953 to the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit) unit of the USAF at Downsview, ON., and accepted on the same day. It was assigned to the Tactical Air Force on 22-Apr-1953 when it was attached to the 1st Liaison Squadron at George AFB.,. CA. It remained at George and was initially passed to the 21-Fighter Bomber Wing on 18-Jan-1954 but with a re-designation this became the 479th Day Fighter Wing in August 1954 and it remained with this unit until 15-Nov-1954.
Its next location was Wendover AFB., UT., where it was attached to the 4432nd Air Base Squadron. This lasted until 15-Nov-1957 but the aircraft visited the Air Material Command’s, Ogden Air Logistics Complex at Hill AFB., UT., between 31-Oct-1955 and 18-Nov 1955. A move to the 464th Medium Troop Carrier at Pope AFB., NC., was next on the agenda remaining there until 04-Mar-1958 after which it moved to the 837th Air Base Group at Shaw AFB., SC., until late 1959. It did however spend between 13-Mar-1959 and 06-Apr-1959 at the Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex in Georgia before returning to the 837th Air Base Group at Shaw. The record card now shows an assignment with the Air Force Training Command in late 1959 but the unit, quoted as FLM is unclear and no location is mentioned.
It returned to the Tactical Air Command at Langley AFB., VA., and the 836th Air Base Group on 04-Jan-1960 which was re designated as the 4500th Air Base Wing on 21-Mar-1960.
It was re-assigned to the Strategic Air Command on 11-Apr-1960 joining the 4347th Combat Crew Training Wing at McConnell AFB., KS. This lasted until 27-Oct-1960 as it now went to storage at Davis Monthan with the 2704th Aircraft Storage and Disposal Group. It remained until 25-May-1961 as it was then assigned to the Air Training Command and the Technical Training Centre at Sheppard AFB., TX., (SHTCE) and was then passed to the 3950th Maintenance Support Group on 31-Jul-1962.
On the 06-Nov-1962 in went to the Fairchild Aircraft Company facility at Hagerstown, MD but only until 28-Jan 1963 as it was again assigned to the Strategic Air Command and the 4347th Combat Crew Training Wing. On the 27-Apr-1963 it moved over to the 55th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing at Forbes AFB., KS.