• CF-JOM K. J. Springer, Toronto, ON. Delivered 08-May-1957.
• CF-JOM Pacific Western Airlines Ltd., Vancouver, BC. Circa Jun-1960 until 1967.
• CF-JOM West Coast Air Services Ltd., Vancouver, BC. Regd at least prior to Certificate of Airworthiness renewal dated 04-Sep-1970. Canx prior to Certificate of Airworthiness renewal dated 04-Sep-1972.
• C-FJOM Northern Mountain Airlines Ltd., Prince George, BC. Regd prior to Certificate of Airworthiness renewal dated 04-Sep-1972. Canx prior to Certificate of Airworthiness renewal dated 04-Sep-1976.
• C-FJOM Northern Thunderbird Air Ltd., Prince George, BC. Regn date unknown but shown as operator in following accident. Canx19-Apr-1983.
Accident: Tchentlo Lake near Fort St. James, BC, Lat 55.11N, Lon 125.01W 03-Aug-1976. As the aircraft was crossing a lake in poor visibility, the pilot was unaware that a gradual descent had commenced until the aircraft was low over the glassy water. He applied up elevator but the aircraft struck the water and sank. Two persons received fatal injuries and the pilot, Philip Rolls survived with serious injury. The aircraft was salvaged and delivered on 04-Nov-1976 to Vancouver, BC, for storage and rebuild at Pacific Aircraft Salvage Ltd., Richmond, BC. Rolled out after rebuild 22-Jul-1982.
• C-FJOM Pacific Aircraft Salvage, Richmond, BC. Regd & canx 19-Apr-1983.
Note: Following rebuild canx from Northern Mountain and Pacific Salvage on same day. Presumably catching up on paperwork!
• C-FJOM Reported as Orca Air Ltd., Port McNeill, BC. Regd 28-Apr-1983. Not on CCAR.
• C-FJOM Air BC Ltd., Richmond, BC. Dates unknown but reported as operator in the following accident report.
Accident: Port McNeill, BC. Lat 50.35n, Long 127.06w. 24-Dec-1983. On arrival at Port McNeill, the wind was out of the southeast at 25 gusting to 35 kts. A cross-wind landing to the northeast was carried out rather than a landing into the wind and heavy swells. The aircraft touched down in an area sheltered by vessels. When it rolled out into the open area strong winds were encountered, the right wing lifted, the left float dug into a swell, and the aircraft overturned. The aircraft was off the step, travelling at low speed when it nosed over. Damage was confined to salt water immersion until the aircraft washed against a breakwater where the wings and tail surfaces were pounded. Findings: cause related: 1. A landing was attempted in wind and water conditions which combined to overturn the aircraft.
• C-FJOM Jim Pattison Industries, Richmond, BC. Canx 05-Dec-1984.
• C-FJOM Waglisla Air Inc., Richmond, BC. Regd 09-Jan-1985. Canx 30-Mar-1988.
• C-FJOM Tyee Airways, Sechelt, BC. Regd 30-Mar-1988. Canx 11-May-1988.
• C-FJOM Amiskwi Air Ltd., Golden, BC. Canx 22-Jun-1994.
• C-FJOM Golden Falcon Aviation Inc., Edmonton, AB. Based Golden, BC. Regd 22-Jun-1994. Canx 03-Feb-1995.
• C-FJOM Sterling Pacific Air Ltd., Vernon, BC. Based Vancouver, BC. Regd 03-Feb-1995, Canx 27-Feb-2002. Re-regd 03-Apr-2003 Canx 09-Jul-2003.
Accident: Quantum River, BC. 26-Sep-1997. The amphibious equipped aircraft was on a flight from Powell River to a water landing site at Quantum River. On arrival the pilot determined that the local wind condition made a water landing inadvisable and diverted to a gravel airstrip nearby. During landing the pilot failed to lower the wheeled landing gear. The aircraft was newly equipped with the amphibious gear and the pilot had limited experience of them. The aircraft was fitted with an audio warning system indicating the position of the wheels which operated normally but the pilot did not perceive the warning. The aircraft remained upright on landing and there were no injuries. CADOR report 1997P067. TSB report A97P0271
Note: Attended Beaver “50th Anniversary” meet at Victoria, BC, 18-20-Oct-1997.
Note: Attended de Havilland Canada “Out of Production” meet at Victoria, BC 18-20-Oct-2002.
• C-FJOM Beau Del Air Ltd., Inuvik, NT. Regd 10-Jul-2003. Canx 26-Aug-2003.
• C-FJOM Sterling Pacific Air Ltd., Vernon, BC. Based Vancouver, BC Regd 22-Oct-2003. Canx 18-Jul-2005.
• C-FJOM Pacific Coastal Airlines, Richmond, BC. Regd 18-Jul-2005. Canx 03-Nov-2005. Regd 20-Jul-2006. Canx 03-Nov-2006.
• C-FJOM Sterling Pacific Air Ltd., Vernon, BC. Regd 24-Apr-2007. Canx 16-Apr-2008.
• C-FJOM Inland Air Charters Ltd., Prince Rupert, BC. Regd 01-May-2008. Canx 03-Dec-2008. Regd 12 and 14-May-2010. Canx 09-Feb-2011. Temp regd 17-Feb-2011, Regd 28-Feb-2011. Canx 16-Jan-2012. Regd 16-May-2012. Canx 15-May-2013. Temp regd 30-Aug-2013. Regd 30-Sep-2013
Note: Has original ABX wings fitted. These allow an increase in Maximum gross weight increase 6,000lb. Useful load up by 38% to 3040lb. 140% increase in fuel load to 228 US gal and increased range up 140% to 1126nm. These are now made by Avionnerie Valdor in Val d’Or, QC
Accident: Kitkatla Seaplane Base (CAP7) Dolphin Island.BC 24-May-2016.
C-FJOM, operated by Inland Air Charter was landing at the water aerodrome in Kitkatla, British Columbia, when the aircraft landed hard, bounced, and landed hard again. The left wing made contact with the water. The aircraft settled in the water and partially nosed over. There were 7 person on board; all egressed into the water as the aircraft sank.
No one on board was wearing a personal flotation device during the flight, and no one egressed the aircraft with the available life vests. All 7 persons were rescued by local boaters. Three persons were taken by MEDEVAC to hospital with suspected minor injuries.
• C-FJOM danaged airframe (during salvage) purchased by Avionnerie Valdor of Val d'Or, QC.