29-Jan-1948 Department of Lands And Forests submit Certificate Of Registration applications for CF-OBS, CF-OBT, CF-OBU, CF-OBV, CF-OBW & CF-OBX
Certificate of Airworthiness #2817 issued 03-Mar-1948. Certificate of registration #7235 issued 03-Mar-1948.
• CF-OBS Province of Ontario, Department of Lands and Forests, Toronto, ON. Delivered 26-Apr-1948. Reported as registered 30-Aug-1948 (See Note).
Note. First Production Line Beaver.
Note: Total hours flown in 1954 – 2,592.40 hours.
• CF-OBS Province of Ontario Ministry of National Resources, Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Change of title prior to C of A renewal dated 05-Jul-1973. Canx Nov-1991.
Note. From 1948-1965 operated between bases in Sudbury, ON., and Sioux Lookout, ON.
• CF-OBS Province of Ontario Ministry of National Resources, c/o Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch. On view to public at the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre, Sault St. Marie, ON. 28-Nov-1991 & 31-Aug-2007.
Note. Played a role in the development of water bombing techniques. In 1953 the aircraft was used in test dropping 3-gallon water bags in salvoes through a camera hatch in the bottom of the fuselage. In 1957 rotating roll over tanks were fitted mounted on top of the floats with scoops attached for filling up. From 1968 –1972 it was flown out of Toronto before being recalled as a spare tot Sault St. Marie, Ontario. In 1980 it was flown to Toronto where it was put on display at Ontario Place, prior to becoming an exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre. When the Science Centre removed the aircraft from display in 1984 it was re acquired for use with the Provincial air fleet. The Aircraft was disassembled and trucked to Sault St. Marie, Ontario, re assembled and test flown on 15-Jun-1984, after which it performed at displays, public functions, and as a personal carrier for ministry staff. It was last flown in 1990.
• CF-OBS The Ontario Bushplane Heritage and Forest Fire Educational Centre, Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Regd 09-Jan-2008.