• 56 0383 US Army #1686. L-20 No. 687. Command A-11. Delivered 07-Jun-1957. Built as L-20A and re- designated U-6A in 1962.
• 56 0383 60th Aviation Company in Germany.
• 56 0383 For sale @ Coleman Barracks, Mannheim – Sandhofen, Germany, Feb-1973.
Entries preceded by date are extracted from Transport of Canada records held at Archive Canada.
01-Apr-1973 Bill of Sale; Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa to B & M. Aviation Ltd., , Lachute QC (identified only by c/n)
• No regn. Purchased by B & M Aviation Ltd., Lachute, QC. 01-Apr-1973.
09-Feb-1976 Allotment of Registration C-GUIH to a DHC-2 (no identity) for B & M. Aviation Ltd., , Lachute QC
• (C-GUIH) B & M. Aviation Ltd., , Lachute QC. Issued 09-Feb-1976 Registration not used
21-Oct-1976 Certificate of Airworthiness for Export #HQX-793 issued.
15-Oct-1976 Total time since new as recorded on Transport of Canada records. 5,190 hours.
06-Oct-1976 Bill of Sale; B & M Aviation to Government of Falkland Islands (c/n 1233 also purchased in same contract from Crown Agents)
19-Oct-1976 Application for Certificate of Airworthiness for Export, DHC-2 C-GUIH to be VP-FAT
• (C-GUIH). Deleted on 01-Nov-1976 on export to Falkland Islands.
• VP-FAT Falkland Islands Government Air Service. (FIGAS). Regd. Nov-1976 (See note).
Note: Purchased second hand in Canada by Falkland Island Government for FIGAS and, configured as a landplane, was flown via South America to Hookers Point Airstrip (near Port Stanley), arriving there on 07-Nov-1976. Flown from there to the Racecourse on 09-Nov-1976 and stored in the nearby floatplane hangar pending delivery of floats from Canada. Once converted, it remained with FIGAS service until permanently grounded after the Argentinean Invasion on 02-Apr-1982.
Incident: Port Stanley, Falkland Islands 11/12-Jun-1982 Demolished by British Bombardments while parked outside the floatplane hangar. Its remains were gradually disposed of during 1982-1983. Noted in bits there 12-Jul-1982.