52-6095 • N8508
• 52-6095 USAF # 1257. L-20 No: 258. Command AF-3. Delivered 16-Mar-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6095 Stored at MASDC., Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. Arrival date 06-Apr-1965. Departed 21-Sep-1965.
• 52-6095 Rhode Island National Guard from 21-Sep-1965.
• 52-6095 Struck of charge from USAF inventory on 14-Sep-1970.
• N8508 No details.
• N5143G Civil Air Patrol, Maxwell AFB., Montgomery, AL. Based Anchorage, AK. Regd 20-Oct-1970. On USCAR at 02-Mar-1990 & 29-Feb-1992.
Total time at 1995 – 9,292 hours.
• N5143G US Department of the Interior, Anchorage, AK. Regd 10-Jan-2008 & 09-Sep-2009.
Airworthiness Date: 17-Aug-2009.
52-6095 was made available to the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit) unit it of the USAF at Downsview, ON., on 13-Feb-1953, accepted 23-Feb-1953 and delivered to the Air Defence Command at McChord AFB., WA., on 16-Mar-1953 where it was attached to the 567th Air Defence Group. It remained for just a week before moving to the 917th Aircraft Control & Warning Squadron at Puntzi Mountain Air Station in British Columbia, Canada
There now started a remarkable seven year period of regular passing back and forth between McChord and Puntzi although the unit at McChord was the 325th Fighter Wing from Aug 1956. The record card shows some thirty four transfers to and fro. Too many to list individually for the sanity of our reader. We have the record however if anyone is really interested.
325th Fighter Group / Wing
The aircraft returned to Downsview for maintenance between 18-Feb-1957 and 08-Apr-1957. Our current last record of it is being re assigned to the Logistics Command and going to their Fairchild Aircraft Company Facility at St Augustine, FL., on 18-Nov-1962. Although an un-corroborated note reports that it served with 21st Operations Support Sqd. Alaska Air Command, Elmendorf AFB.. Anchorage, AK., after May-1966. (Marked 0-26095 LG-095).
21st Operations Squadron
Its further USAF history is to be researched but it is understood to have been struck off charge from USAF inventory on 14-Sep-1970.