• 52-6094 USAF #1256. L-20 No: 257. Command AF-3. Delivered 17-Mar-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6094 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. Arrived 18-Mar-1965. Departed 21-Sep-1965.
• 52-6094 Rhode Island ANG from 21-Sep-1965.
• 52-6094 Reported as struck off charge from USAF inventory in 1974 (but see below).
• N1587X New Hampshire State Division Resources, Concord, NH.
• Noted there 01-Jun-1969.
• N1587X Showano Flying Service, Showano, WI. Regd Mar-1971.(See above).
Airworthiness Date: 14-Apr-1977.
• N3LU Lake Union Air Service, Lake Union, Seattle, WA. Regd Sep-1988.
• N23RF Ronald L. Fitzgerald, Michael B. Salazar / Ketchikan Air Service Ltd., AK. Feb-1990.
• N23RF Michael B. Salazar / Ketchikan Air Service Inc., Ketchikan, AK. Regd 20-Jul-1990. On USCAR at Dec-1995.
Accident: Location unknown 01-Jun-1994. Struck a rock during water landing. Damaged bottom of floats. Minor damage.
Note: Offered for sale by Booker Aircraft Sales, Kelowna, BC., at $275,000 after serving with Ketchikan A/S.
• N23RF S. & S. Aircraft Leasing, Ketchikan, AK. Regd 19-Jun-1996.
• N264P S. & S. Aircraft Leasing, Ketchikan, AK. Re regn 19-Jun-1996. Canx 07-Apr-2003.
• N264P Pacific Airways Inc., Ketchikan, AK. Regd 01-May-2003. Canx 03-Oct-2005
• N264P Radial Power Enterprises LLC., Ketchikan, AK. Regd 07-Oct-2005.
Note: Was on rebuild at Kal Air, Vernon, BC. Sep-2008.
52-6094 was made available to the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit) unit it of the USAF at Downsview, ON., on 06-Feb-1953, accepted 24-Feb-1953 and delivered to the Air Defence Command at Stewart AFB., NY., and the 4700th Air Base Group on 17-Mar-1953. It was attached to the 4700th Maintenance Squadron. Soon after arriving it had an accident at the airfield and suffered category 3 damage (medium / serious) on 30-Mar-1953 following a takeoff accident that involved a ground loop. The pilot was Allen R. McClane. It remained until 08-Jan-1954 and then moved to Mitchel AFB., Long Island, NY., and the 26th Air Division (Defence) on 08-Mar-1954. It next passed to Yuma AFB., AZ., initially joining the 450th ADF Wing and then the 750th Training Group on 06-Mar-1954. This was re designated the 4750th Air Defence Group on 01-Sep-1954 and which was then re designated again as 4750th Air Defence Wing on 01-Oct-1954. It briefly returned to Downsview for maintenance on 11-May-1956 and stayed just a week before resuming its active life at the 4750th on 18-May-1956. The location was re named Vincent AFB., on 13-Oct-1956.
On 06-Feb-1959 it reported to the Air Material Command depot at Minneapolis St Paul, MN., presumably again for maintenance remaining until 15-May-1959 and then resumed service at Vincent AFB. In Jun-1959 the base was turned over to the Marine Corp and in consequence the unit transferred to MacDill AFB., with effect from 03-Jun-1959.
A change followed on 04-Nov-1960 when the aircraft travelled all the way to Sioux Lookout in ON., Canada where the aircraft was attached to the 915th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron. It remained until 27-Sep-1962.
The aircraft remained at this overseas location until 27-Sep-1962 when it passed to the 343rd Fighter Group at Duluth, MN staying only until 09-Nov-1962 after which it was assigned to the Logistics Command and delivered to their Fairchild Aircraft Company Facility at St Augustine, FL. It is understood it passed to the 98th Strategic Aerospace Wing at Dyess AFB., AR on a date unknown and then passed for storage at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ., on 18-Mar-1965 and stayed until 21-Sep-1965 when it passed to the Rhode Island ANG on 21-Sep-1965.
Its further USAF history is to be researched. It was reportedly was struck off charge on 15-Mar-1974 after having been stored at Warner Robins AFB., but there is also a recorded civil registration which occurred in Mar-1971.