• 52-6087 USAF #1249. L-20 No: 250. Command AF-3. Delivered 17-Feb-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• N1477 Other details unknown.
• 52-6087 Stored at MASDC Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. Arrived 25-Feb-1965 and departed 16-Sep-1965.
• 52-6087. West Virginia ANG., from 16-Sept-1965.
• 52-6087 Struck off charge from the USAF inventory on 15-Mar-1974.
• N30NR Michigan Dept of Natural Resources, Lansing, MI. Regd Mar-1974.
• N30NR US Tennessee Valley Authority, Muscle Shoals, AL. Regd 01-Apl-1981. On USCAR at 29-Feb-1992 & 01-Oct-1994.
• 52-6087 Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins AFB., GA. Jul-1986
Note: The Warner Robins Air Logistics Center assumed logistics management responsibility for the U-6A in August 1965, when the Middletown Air Material Area at Olmsted AFB., PA., was phased out. The aircraft on display was acquired from the Tennessee Valley Authority in Muscle Shoals, AL, and airlifted by helicopter to Robins AFB., in July 1986.
52-6087 was made available to the USAF at 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas) unit, Downsview, ON., on 15-Jan-1953, and was accepted on 03-Feb-1953. It was assigned to the Air Defence Command and delivered to Stewart AFB., NY on 17-Feb-1953 where it was initially attached to the 4700th Air Base Group which was responsible for the station support units, before it moved to the 9th Liaison Group on 15-April-1953. Then on to the 33rd Air Division at Tinker AFB., OK., part of the Eastern Air Defence Force. It remained here until 08-Mar-1956 after which it passed back to Downsview for maintenance until resuming duties at Tinker with the 33rd until 21-Sep-1958.
Emblem of the 33rd Air Division
It was now reassigned to the Air Training Command at Vance AFB., OK., and the 3575th Pilot Training Wing. It remained 04-Feb-1959 and then returned to Tinker and the 33rd.Now came a short stay at Webb AFB., until 30-Mar-1959 and again back to the 33rd at Tinker. Its next move was to the 337th Fighter Group at Portland on 23-Oct-1960.
Emblem of the 337th Fighter Group
The aircraft’s remaining USAF history is still to be researched but it is understood that the aircraft served at Forbes AFB with the 55th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing before being stored at MASDC Davis Monthan AFB., from 25-May-1965 until Sep-1965 when it passed to the West Virginia ANG.
It was struck off charge from the USAF inventory on 15-Mar-1974.