• 53-7908 US Army #1449. L-20 No. 450. Command A-4. Delivered 03-Nov-1954. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
Accident: 2 mi. NE of Wright Patterson AFB., OH. 03-Nov-1954. Suffered category 1 (minor) damage following mechanical failure. Pilot Levi H. Thornhill.
• 53-7908 For Sale at Coleman Barracks, Mannheim – Sandhofen, Germany. Seen 28-Aug-1972.
Total time: 3,985 hours.
• No Regn Purchased by B-M Aviation Ltd., (Laurentian Air Services), Lachute, QC. 01-Apr-1973.
Entries indented and preceded by date are extracts of Canadian Department of Transport files held at Archive Canada.
15-Sep-1975 Allotment of registration C-GUDZ to DHC-2 #716, B.M. Aviation Ltd, Lachute QC.
29-Jan-1976 Application for Certificate of Registration by B.M. Aviation Ltd, Lachute QC.
12-Feb-1976 Certificate of Airworthiness issued.
18-Feb-1976 Certificate of Registration issued to B.M. Aviation Ltd.
• C-GUDZ B–M Aviation Ltd., (Laurentian Air Services), Lachute, QC. Regd Circa Mar-1976.
04-May-1976 Application for Certificate of Registration by Sabourin Lake Airways Ltd., Cochenour, ON.
11-May-1976 Certificate of Registration issued to Sabourin Lake Airways Ltd.
• C-GUDZ Sabourin Lake Airways Ltd., Cochenour, ON. 11-May-1976.
Accident: Big Hook Lake, 30 miles north of Sandy Lake on a heading of 250 degrees at 53.32n/92.58w. On. 01-Aug-1981. The aircraft was approaching a fishing camp and the pilot had advised that he would land in three minutes. The aircraft did not arrive and the wreckage was located in the water three hours later. The wreckage was located in 30 ft of water but the left wing was missing and has never been found, strongly suggesting an in-flight wing separation. The upper fitting of the left strut assembly was found to have failed due to fatigue cracking. The strut assembly was one of a batch of assemblies with improperly formed fillet radii on the upper fittings and should have been removed from service in accordance with engineering bulletin B32 or airworthiness directives CF-73-2 or 71-22-01. Pilot Jay Michael Patton. Aircraft reported as destroyed. 1K.
Total time since new as recorded in Canadian Department of Transport records held at Archives Canada.