• 52-6115 USAF #1277. L-20 No: 278. Command AF-3. Delivered 05-May-1953. Built as L-20A and re- designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6115 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. Arrival date 05-May-1965. Returned to active service 24-Sep-1965.
• 52-6115 Served with California Air National Guard, North Highlands Air National Guard Station, Roseville, CA., from 24-Sep-1965.
• 52-6115 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. 31-Oct-1972 to 28-Feb-1977. PCN (Product Control Number) HS185.
• N17394 Summit Aviation, Middletown, DE. Regd Feb-1977. Canx Mar-1977.
• N17394 Johnny B. Crews, Linthicum, MD. Regd Jun-1978.
• N17394 Ralph C. Meloon / Holitna Wilderness Adventures, Soldotna, AK. On USCAR at 02-Mar-1990 & 29-Feb-1992.
Accident: Holitna River, AK. 25-Sep-1991. Aircraft right float hit a log on touchdown run on river. Aircraft cartwheeled and came to rest upturned in river. ANC91LA153
• N17394 Ronald O. Kakeldey, Anchorage, AK. Regd 17-Sep-1992.
• N17394 R & J Aircraft Leasing Corp., Anchorage, AK. Regd 15-Jun-1993 & 28 Jun-1994.
• N17394 Operated by Talon Air Services Inc. Destroyed by fire.
Accident: 18 mi. N of Point Alsworth, AK. 11-Aug-1994. Whilst operated by Talon Air Service Inc., flew into blind box canyon while attempting to turn round and collided with mountainous terrain. Pilot and two passengers killed. Aircraft destroyed on impact and in subsequent fire. ANC94FA105
• N17394 Removed from register 30-Jul-2013.
52-6115 was made available on 22-Apr-1953 to the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit) of the USAF at Downsview, ON., and accepted on 25-Apr-1953. It was assigned to the Tactical Air Force on 05-May-1953 when it was attached to the 2nd Liaison Squadron at Shaw AFB.,. CA. It then passed to the 461st Bombardment Wing, (Light) at Hill AFB., on 03-Jun-1954 until 01-Jul-1954 after which it moved to Alexandria AFB., LA., for three weeks until 22-Jul. It then returned to Hill AFB., and the 461st. The unit was re designated as a Bombardment, (Tactical) Wing on 01-Oct-1955 and later moved to Blytheville AFB., AK., on 02-Feb-1956.
The aircraft next moved to Myrtle Beach AFB., SC., where it was attached to the 354th Day Fighter (FDA), Wing from 06-Jan-1958. This unit was re designated as a Tactical Fighter Wing from 31-Jul-1958.
It was now re-assigned to the Strategic Air Command with the 4347th Combat Crew Training Wing at McConnell AFB., KS., on 06-Apr-1960 until 05-Sep-1961. Its next port of call was to the Lockheed Air Services facility at Ontario, CA., between 07-Sep-1961 and 09-Oct-1961.
Again it was re-assigned to the Strategic Air Command and was posted to Malmstrom AFB., MT.,where it was attached to the 341st Strategic Missile Wing until 21-Oct-1961 when it moved over to the Combat Support Group on 20-Oct-1961 returning to the Strategic Missile Wing on 31-Jul-1962.
Later in 1962 it moved to the 92nd Strategic Aerospace Wing at Fairchild AFB., WA. This lasted until 12-Jan-1963 after which the aircraft attended the Fairchild Aircraft Facility at Hagerstown, MD., until 14-Mar-1963 after which it returned to the 92nd Strategic Aerospace Wing.
It then passed to the MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ., for storage. It arrived on 05-May-1965 and returned to active service on 24-Sep-1965 when it moved to the California ANG.
Its further USAF history is to be researched.