• 54-1677 US ARMY • # 1520 • L-20 No: 521 • Command A-6
• Delivered 16-May-1955 • Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962
• 54-1677 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ • 05-Feb-1972 to 24-Feb-1976
• PCN (Product Control Number) HS082
• C-GPUO Imported into Canada 24-Feb-1976
• C-GPUO Theriault Air Service, Chapleau, ON • Regd 24-Feb-1976 and May-1977
Note: Purchased at Davis Monthan auction sale, 29-Jan-1976 by Theriault for $23.000US. Total time 6,972.9 hrs. engine 5,333.9 hrs. Sold as “no reasonable potential for normal certification”. Commented upon as having data plate missing although other comment states a rear located plate, having all seats and in reasonable condition.
• C-GPUO Roland Ferguson, Sept Iles, QC • Regd prior to Cert of Airworthiness renewal dated 28-Jul-1979 • Canx date currently unknown
• C-GPUO Reported as Air St Maurice, La Tuque, QC • Regd May-1977 • Not recorded on CCAR.
• C-GPUO Air Brousse Inc., Sept Iles, QC • Regd date currently unknown. On CCAR May-1981 • Canx 13-Aug-1984
Accident: Lac-des-Rapides QC. 03-Jul-1982. Hard Landing with minor damage
• C-GPUO Air St. Maurice, Lac à Beauce, QC • Regd 22-Feb-1990 • Canx 20-Sep-2002
Accident: Lac Mollet, 200 miles to the east of Kujjuarapik, QC. 08-Oct-2001. The float-equipped Beaver de Havilland DHC-2 Mk 1, registration C-GPUO, serial number 810, took off at 17:10 eastern daylight time from Iyachisakus Lake, Québec, with the pilot and six passengers on board, for a visual flight rules flight to an outfitter on Mollet Lake, 26 nautical miles (nm) to the east. At about 17:30, a witness at the outfitter heard the seaplane flying on an easterly heading to the south of the lake. About 20 minutes later, noting that the aircraft had not arrived at the dock, the manager of the outfitter sent a boat to look for C-GPUO. The Beaver was found 1 nm east of the outfitter. It was lying partly submerged in Mollet Lake near the north shore, with the nose in the water and leaning backward. Four injured occupants who were clinging to the fuselage were rescued. The pilot and two of the passengers were fatally injured. Report Number A01Q0166.
• C-GPUO Air Saguanay(1980) Inc., Jonquière, QC • Regd 20-Sep-2002 • Based Lac à Beauce, QC
• C-GPUO Air Saguanay(1980) Inc., Chicoutimi, QC • Regd 23-May-2003 • Based Lac à Beauce, QC
• C-GPUO Air Saguanay(1980) Inc., Jonquière, QC • Regd 02-Sep-2003 • Based Lac à Beauce, QC • Canx 25-Apr-2004 • Regd 12-Apr-2005 • Canx 07-May-2010.