• 52-6075 USAF #1237. L-20 No: 238 Command AF-3. Delivered 12-Jan-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 52-6075 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. Arrival date unknown. Departed 13-Apl-1966 to unknown operator.
• 52-6075 Returned to active service. Details currently unknown.
• 52-6075 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. 10-Feb-1972 to 04-Feb-1976. PCN (Product Control Number) HS095.
Note: Purchased by at the Davis Monthan auction sale on 29-Jan-1976 for US$22,000. Purchased on the basis of “no reasonable potential for normal certification”. Comments at time of auction: no tip tanks, no rudder trim.
• C-GDZE White River Air Service, Timmins, ON. Regd 04-Feb-1976.
• C-GDZE Roger Plourde, Fauquier, ON, Regd prior to C of A renewal dated 01-Sep-1979.
• C-GDZE Air Fauquier / Roger Plourde. On CCAR at May-1981.
• C-GDZE Patrick Henry, Cochrane, ON.,. Canx 10-Sep-1982.
• C-GDZE James Bay Outfitters, Cochrane, ON.,. Canx 28-Jun-1983.
• C-GDZE Air Toro Inc., St. Ignace-du-Lac. QC. Regd 03-Oct-1984.
Accident: Lac Mandanoc, QC. 24-Jun-1987. Whilst on a VFR flight to Lake Garanciére, pilot manoeuvred the aircraft in a series of turns close to the ground. Aircraft stalled and struck ground in a steep nose down, left wing low attitude. Pilot and three passengers fatally injured. Passenger seated next to pilot seriously injured. Aircraft destroyed by impact and then by signal fire started by surviving passenger some six hours after accident.
• C-GDZE Canx 21-Feb-1997 as damaged beyond repair.
• Fate Unknown •
52-6075 was made available on 11-Dec-1952 and accepted on 24-Dec-1952 by the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit), at Downsview, ON., after which it was assigned to the Air Defence Command and delivered to the 4700th Air Base Group at Stewart AFB., NY. It stayed at Stewart until 07-May-1953, but in the meantime had also been attached to the 380th Fighter Squadron (Air Defence) and the 9th Liaison Squadron for short periods on 03-Mar-1953 & 15-Apr-1953 respectively. However it stayed with the 9th Liaison Squadron as it moved to Burlington AFB., VT., remaining until 01-Jan-1954.
Its next location was to Hancock AFB., Syracuse, NY., which featured regularly in this aircraft’s history. Here it was attached to the 32nd Air Division and was a frequent visitor to this base and unit up until 11-Sep 1957.
Emblem of the 32nd Air Div.
On the 05-Mar-1954 it commenced a brief attachment with the Military Transport Command and the 1401st Air Base Wing at Andrews AFB., MD. It only lasted until 17-Mar-1953 before returning to Hancock. Next it was to the Air Material Command and the 2845th Depot Wing at Griffiss AFB., NY. There was then a substantial period when the aircraft passed back and forth between Griffiss and Hancock AFB., where it was regularly attached to the 32nd Air Division. This lasted until 11-Sep-1957 when the format changed and the aircraft regularly transferred between the 771st Aircraft Control & Warning Squadron at Cape Charles Air Force Station, VA., and the 836th Air Base Wing at Langley AFB., VA. This lasted at least until 21-Feb-1962 with the 771st having been re designated as a Radar Squadron.
The aircrafts further USAF history is to be researched.