• 51-16860 US Army #1231. L-20A No: 232. Command A-2. Delivered 06-Jan-1953. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 51-16860 South Dakota Army National Guard.
• 51-16860 Stored at MASDC., Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. 16-Feb-1972 to 11-Feb-1976. Inventory code HS104.
Note: Purchased by Morgan at the Davis Monthan auction sale on 29-Jan-1976 for US$23,000. Purchased on the basis of “No reasonable potential for normal certification”. Total time 6,686.8 hrs. Engine 4481.8 hrs. Comments at time of auction: Type 1104 left strut, wing data plate and seats in place. OK condition for age.
• N1434Z Morgan Manufacturing Inc., Petaluma, CA. Regd 11-Feb-1976.
• N1434Z Beaver Two, Petaluma, CA. Regd Mar-1976.
• N1434Z Owned by Oregon Skysports, Oregon City, OR. Operated by Ralph A. Hatley, Oregon City, OR. Regd circa May-1982.
Accident: 15ml North of Medford, OR. 09-May-1982. The pilot started a downwind takeoff on runway 15 with 9 parachutists on board. The runway was unidirectional requiring takeoffs on runway 15 which sloped downhill. After beginning the takeoff roll, the pilot had difficulty in maintaining directional control and initiated abort procedures. Reportedly, the aircraft continued to veer to the right in spite of the use of hard left rudder and braking action. As the aircraft decelerated, it departed the right side of the runway, struck 3 fence posts, and collided with a parked Stinson, N368C. The pilot reported that the parachutist occupying the co-pilot's seat stated that he had placed his feet behind the rudder pedals shortly before takeoff. NTSB report SEA82DA068.
Note: Airworthiness Cert 16-Feb-1982. Note: Airframe hours at May-1982 reported as – 6,476 hrs, but see DM sale detail.
• N1434Z C. R. Gay, Eagle Creek, OR, Regd.04-Aug-1989. Canx 23-Sep-2011.
• N1434Z Ralph A. Hatley, Eagle Creek, OR. Regd 26-Sep-2011.